PP is transparent,firm and heat-resisted.Also,it’s cheaper than
1. PP bottles can be filled when the temperature is 100 degrees
centigrade.For example,juice and jam
products need to be packed under this temperature.Instead,PET
bottles should be filled below 76
degrees centigrade.Therefore,PP bottles win much popularity on the
package of functional drinks
because of their heat-resistance.
2. PP can better prevent the water,which may be fives times better
than PET.What’s more,the cost of PP
preforms is much cheaper than PET’s.
3. However,PP bottles are not widely applied because the process of
them are slow and their physical
characteristic is not good.
4. Compared to the PET materials,the rate to absorb and give off
the heat of PP is slower.Therefore,PP
bottles need more energy.Also, the period of modeling and cooling
is much longer,which makes PP
materials’ production efficiency 25 percentage lower than PET.
5. The process temperature of PET is 15 degrees
centigrade.Instead,PP bottles need to be modeled only
at 5 degrees centigrade so it is more likely to be paused and
6. The perviousness for dioxide and carbon dioxide of PP bottles is
30 times better than PET
bottles.Thus,PP bottles can not be widely applied in the barrier
package of carbonated beverage drinks.
PP bottles are softer than PET ones and more easily pressed.But
they are less transparent than
PET bottles so it is mainly applied to some shampoo bottles(more
convenient to press).